WHAT DO I GET FROM A GUIDED RUN:
- Guide – no need to worry about the route or getting lost, our experienced guide has it all figured out including the route, risk assessments, qualifications and insurance through Jog Scotland
- Friends – meet new like-minded people
- Confidence – if new to trails, running on different terrains or with a head torch this will help build your confidence
- Nature – getting out into nature and away from the busy hustle and bustle of life providing fresh air and stunning views
- Health – improving your physical and mental health
- Motivation – committing to running at a specific time and place
Kit will vary depending on the route and time of year and this will be detailed in the run brief. Always mandatory are trail shoes and if a night run a head torch is a must. No kit = no run.
- Trail shoes (always mandatory)
- Head torch
- Waterproof jacket with taped seams
- Waterproof trousers with taped seams
- Mobile phone
- Water bottle or bladder
- Emergency foil blanket
- Emergency food
- First aid kit
- Something to carry the above in
Types of runs
Mini Epic – short trail runs for all abilities (approx. 5-10km)
Monster Epic – experienced trail runners used to running longer distances on mixed terrain (over 10)
Speed and numbers
No-one gets left behind. These are social runs and not races. We will regroup at various points along the route. Pace will vary depending on the distance covered and the type of run. Group size will be manageable to ensure the safety of all attending.
Trail running is free, the trails are there to explore but if you want to come on one of our guided runs there is a small cost. We aren’t for profit with all guided run fees being donated to charity. To date over £3000 has been donated to charities close to our hearts including: Lomond Mountain Rescue, Dundonnel Mountain Rescue, Scottish Centre for Personal Safety, MacMillan Cancer, SAMH, SCCA and St Vincent’s Hospice.
Dogs and under 18s
Unfortunately dogs and under 18’s are not covered by our insurance.
what you can expect
No two guided runs are the same, every week we go a different route. There is just so much to explore on the West Highland Way and around Mugdock. Here are some recent 6km, 8km and 10km runs.